Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Curved French Bed

I found this pretty curved french bed at the Goodwill.  The wood was pretty, but orangy and I knew it would be beautiful in Old White.




I tried some blue accents but ended up going back over the oval in white and just touching some blue around the edges.


The finished product.
The white paint is Annie Sloan Old White.  I tried a homemade chalk paint recipe for the blue accents.  It worked great!  The blue paint I used is Benjamin Moore Buckland Blue and some creamy white leftover latex paint mixed with plaster of Paris and water.  I sealed it with Annie Sloan clear wax.

Sharing at:
Miss Mustard Seed
Primitive & Proper

4 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous bed! oh my! what a find- you made those details really shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way I could walk away from that at the Goodwill. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all gorgeous! Secondly what crazy person would donate that bed to Goodwill? Score for you though! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. that bed is GORGEOUS! great job!!

    ReplyDelete